Frequently Asked Questions

Who is is a premiere national used auto parts recycler located in Northern California that has been in business since 2012.  We are a member in good standing of the Better Business Bureau.  Our main focus is on customer service and customer satisfaction.  We provide hobbyist, auto body, and repair shops with high quality used and new auto parts at reasonable prices.

What does Interchange mean?

Our database includes a search system that matches your request with all possible identical parts.  For example, several BMW’s may have the same starter or other component.  In addition, the used parts that you need may span several model years and or models.  The system is quite reliable.  Please be as accurate as you can when you fill in the search information fields.  If you are unsure or unable to find the part you are looking for, please call us during business hours and we will be happy to help.

Can you explain shipping charges?

Our online data base calculates shipping for your order and adds it in your price quote.  Most parts are shipped via USPS or UPS ground.  For parts too large for UPS or other standard delivery means, we ship by commercial truck.  The price quoted for delivery of these larger items is based on delivery to a business address.  For delivery to a residential address the large items have to be transferred to a smaller “local” delivery truck at an additional fee of from $50.00 to $60.00 will apply.  The estimated time required for delivery is based on weekday deliveries.  If a used auto part is in route on a weekend, additional time may be required to get the part to you.

Why I might need to refer to the VIN number?

The VIN or Vehicle Identification Number contains a code that includes vital information on your particular car.  It may be necessary to review this code to assure that you get the correct transmission or engine as well as Electronic Control Unit (ECU) computer or other component. You can find this number on the title or on a riveted tag on the dash near the defroster vent in front of the driver. We may also need the date of manufacture.  It usually is in the right corner of the tag on the driver door jam.

Which side is the left side/right side?

For our purposes, the Left is the driver side and the Right is the passenger side.

Who do I contact if I have a problem with parts?

In the unlikely event, call our toll free number and ask for the sales person listed on your invoice.  If that is unavailable, explain the situation to our representative and we will get you the help that you need right away.  Our toll free number is (916) 505-6800.

How do I return a part?

Contact us at the phone number above and request an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization). A salesperson will provide assistance with shipping to get the used parts returned to our facility.

What does a “Graded Part” mean?

Parts grading is our way of quantifying the high level of quality in the products we provide.  All used auto parts are assigned an “A” or “B” designation depending on the mileage (If a mechanical part) of the vehicle it was removed from, or it’s condition (If a body part).

What does “A” or “B” graded parts signify?

Grading is based on any necessary repair time required to make the panel "like new."  Definition of “A” and “B” grades on sheet metal body parts: "A" grade parts have less than 1 unit of repair necessary.  “B” grade parts have less than 2 units of repair necessary.  An entire front end or rear body sheet metal assembly in "A" condition will have less than three units of repair necessary.   An entire front end or rear body sheet metal assembly that is “B” grade will have less than 6 units of total repair necessary on the entire assembly.  A "unit" is defined as damage not exceeding the surface area of a common credit card in size.

Definition of “A” and “B” grades on used mechanical parts:

The grading is based on mileage. · “A” parts have less than 60,000 total miles, or if over 60,000 miles, cannot exceed 15,000 miles per model year of age. · “B” parts have more than 60,000 total miles on them and have exceeded 15,000 miles per model year of age. ” B” parts cannot exceed 200,000 total miles regardless of age.

What if I don’t need a One-Year Warranty?

You may request a shorter warranty period and a lower price by calling 916-505-6800 or by typing in the “special instructions” on the order you submit.  When calling, be sure to tell the salesperson you are viewing the part on ""

Who received my “request” information?

If you send an e-mail request for used auto parts on the main site, it will be sent to us at This function is used to answer detailed questions or for parts that do not carry interchange, or are not ordinarily inventoried.  Feel free to ask whatever you need to know. Our goal is to assure you that the parts you get are the parts you need.  However, if you send an email for a part on the classified ad, it will be sent to the person selling the part.

How long will it take for me to receive an answer on my “request”?

Generally, it takes less than 12 hours to receive an answer on your request. On the weekends it may take a bit longer, sometimes until Monday. What is a 30-day “no hassle” return policy? If you choose to return the used parts you purchased, you can do so with no questions asked within 30 days.  The only stipulation to the 30 day “no hassle” warranty is that the parts will not be accepted if there are obvious signs of tampering or negligence to the parts and that the customer will pay the return freight costs.

Who pays the freight costs on used auto parts that are returned?

We do if the incorrect part was sent, was not in the condition stated at the time of the sale, or failed with in the warranty period.  You pay the freight if the used auto parts were ordered incorrectly (incorrect information) or was sent back as part of the 30 day “no hassle” warranty.

How can I check on the status of my used auto parts?

You can go to the site at any time and click on “check order status” in the parts search area to check on your order.  If you want a tracking number, you will need to call and request the UPS tracking number for your order.

What if my part is damaged in shipping?

You must sign for the shipment as “received damaged”.  As the carrier is responsible for the used auto part if you sign for it as DAMAGED.  After signing for and receiving the damaged part, contact us by phone to start the damage claim and part replacement process. We will instruct you on the procedure.

Proudly powered by UsedPartsDepot, LLC